Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

LoVe DaY

Valentines Day 2012 captured a wonderful memory for me. I noticed a flurry of activity on the 13th. Oldest, Middleson, and Babyboy constructing cards, whispering, and planning. I overlooked the spilled chocolate chips. I won an award for acting when I walked by Babyboy's room and pretended I didn't see paper scraps and hearts.

Daddy and I had our own share of secrets, devising a first-thing-in-the-morning Valentines Party complete with candles, decor, and pancakes. I cheezed it right up by wearing a heart-shaped bear pin that says, "Have a Beary Happy Valentines Day." It was given to me by my Grandma when I was a little girl. It isn't me, fashion speaking. But, I knew Babyboy would eat it up. He did. He loved it! The pink heart napkins, heart stickers, and red shiny hearts thrilled Babyboy to pieces.

MeeMaw, as if on cue, sent cards and games to be enjoyed by all smack in the middle of our festivities.

While partaking maple-syrup drenched pancakes each boy (sticky-fingered) retrieved the cards he had attempted to keep a secret.

I realized later in the afternoon how UNselfish my children had been. Love was in the air! Oldest was given a single piece of Beef Jerky. Knowing how much Daddy loves beef jerky and how rarely he eats it, Oldest saved it and insisted that Daddy eat it.

My pastor preached a sermon recently stating that HATE is not the opposite of LOVE. Selfishness is the opposite of love. It is true!

Yesterday was a proud mommy moment for me as I experienced selfless acts toward one another. THATS what Valentines Day is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment