Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Friday, April 20, 2012

Take the Stairs

Earlier this week, Daddy announced a book he is currently reading titled Take the Stairs. I have not read the book. However, I immediately formed an opinion of what I think it should be about. />
"Take the Stairs" has become a famous quote throughout the week. What does it mean to me? Don't take the elevator or the easy way or the pain free way. Take the stairs. Do the work. Make the effort. Give 100%.

Success comes from taking the stairs when any other way is easier. It is a combination of self-control, discipline, strength, perserverence, and tenacity. It strengthens instead of enables.

In boysturf language that means, give it your best the first time. Use your best handwriting. Complete the assignment. Get your pee in the toilet. If you get it out, put it away. Give LIFE your ALL.

In mothering, I can "take the stairs" by responding calmly instead of reacting. Preparing well for homeschooling. Managing my home, time, and money. Taking breaks so I don't break.
The concept is found over and over in the Bible, Colossions 3:17, "Whatever you do.....do it with all your heart." Even loving God isn't for wimps. Deutoronomy 6:5, "Love the Lord with ALL your heart, soul, mind, and strength." Philippians 3:14, "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." We are talking about pressing on and taking the stairs. Doing LIFE and loving God with your whole heart.
Really, it is probably the other way around. When I love God with my whole heart, soul, mind and strength, I am much more apt to "take the stairs" in all I do and in my relationships. The temptation to take the elevator looms, but the reward is in taking the stairs.
Climbing on..... Mommontheboysturf

No comments:

Post a Comment