Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Monday, November 29, 2010

Tis the Season.....

THE Season is upon us. Thanksgiving. Decorating. Cardwriting. Feasting. Giving. Celebrating. Christmas! 2011!!

It can all become a blur unintentionally! In a month I will be packing up the decorations and regretting the extra cookies that saddled themselves to my hips.

Traditionally we decorate the house the day after Christmas. Oldest and Middleson contributed greatly to the carrying up of the bins and totes from the crawlspace. Babyboy hopped with delight from bin to bin finding the treasures inside. Oldest took on my role as fireplace mantel decorater. I must say, I like his arrangement much better than my forward-facing, squared-off neat and tidy look.

This year Oldest and Middleson are able to read our Christmas books all on their own. They don't need to wait for me. This realization brought a little sadness. Thankfully, they still want to snuggle and page through the books together.

Every year I say that I am going to keep it SIMPLE and MEMORABLE. By the end of the season, I am filled with memories, but I also feel like I have been dragged out of the house like a Christmas tree the day after Christmas.

Am I allowed to make a Christmas Season Resolution instead of a New Year's Resolution? I think so.

Today we read a Christmas story together and drew our little family of Snowpeople. Later in the week we will bake together instead of going the quicker, tidier-kitchen route. We will focus on giving -- time, possessions, words, encouragement, and smiles and a little less on the getting.

So, the 2010 Christmas season has officially begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment