Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Toddlerboy.

Babyboy. Toddlerboy. No,I'm going to leave it at Babyboy. That will do just fine. Yes, he has entered toddlerhood, but he will always and forever be my babyboy. Today is Babyboy's second birthday. Two years O-L-D, two years B-I-G, and two years that felt way too S-H-O-R-T. While I mourn how quickly the time has gone, I celebrate the tremendous gift he is.

One of my all-time, most-precious moments was when Oldest and Middleson met Babyboy for the first time. I left the house early on March 31 with a rounded belly. A few hours later Babyboy had arrived and the boys were astonished that the belly bump turned into a bundle of baby boy. As the nurse cleaned up our fresh baby, Middleson growled with his meanest face, "Don't hurt my new baby!" Since that day the big boys are still Babyboy's biggest fans, protectors, and friends! Even after two years there is a moment of excitement as soon as Babyboy's voice is heard each morning and the big boys race upstairs to greet him. He is doted on like the day he came home from the hospital. I can still hear the sweet homemade lullaby's Big brothers sang when Babyboy cried. Oldest would sit for hours (well, half-hours anyway) with Babyboy laying on him. Now he carries him on his back and chases him around the house. Middleson invites him to play cars and often marvels that "he is a real boy now". The camera sits ready to capture every moment -- Oldest and Middleson are the "first time" parents that deem every moment picture worthy.

How sappy of me to blog and cry and reminisce. I just didn't think babyhood would slip through my fingers so quickly the third time around. I savored the pregnancy, his delivery, and his infancy. I treasured all the firsts that have now become lasts. Still the time flew, the seasons changed, and suddenly I have a two year old.

This year will be full of milestones I know. I've walked Two-Year-Old Road two times before -- an ever expanding vocabulary, potty-training, and greater independence. Goodbye to sippy cups, the highchair, the crib, and that head of wispy fine blonde baby hair!

Happy Birthday precious Babyboy! Mommy loves you.

P.S. Oldest and Middleson just arrived to "comfort" me. "Mommy, you don't become a child until your six years old. So don't worry, he is still a baby." Sounds good. He can still hold "Babyboy" status for a few more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment