Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

cHaNgE

Wow. Just when I feel like I've got this mommy thing licked, something new arises. Seasons come and seasons go.

I have a pottytrainer and a preteener at the same time. Big Legos, Small Legos, and one no longer so interested in Legos. Really? The Christmas lists are changing from no list, to a list full of toys, to a list of technological trinkets and music.

The books I am reading right now include, "Raising Sons and Loving It" and "Wild Things the Art of Nurturing Boys". Wild Things is the perfect description of a house full of boys.

I am back at college, so to speak, studying for finals, making up for lost time. Nervous. Fingerbiting. Sweating. I'm pulling an all-nighter in Mommy class hoping I do something right. Trying do be prepared for what's ahead so it doesn't catch me off guard.

The last decade has been sabatoged by baby gear, diapers,sleepless nights, and goo goo gaa's. The next decade of parenting scares me - cell phones, independence, driving, and dating. More sleepless nights. Maybe worse than the baby years!

What can I do now to steer my three treasures toward making right decisions? How can I help them foster their own personal relationship with Jesus? Hopefully our meals together, long coversations, family devotions, and turftime will provide for growth and memories that will impact our future positively.

Thanksgiving is just days away. This is a great time to ponder the questions, changes, and seasons above. It is about living a life of Thanksliving all the time. Living in the moment. Thankful for each stage. Laughing at the days to come. In EVERYTHING give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment