Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

No Tricks, All Treats

Babyboy. Babyboy. Babyboy.

Last Saturday Daddy dutifully took the crib down. I couldn't believe how defeated I felt removing the crib skirt and dis-assembling the crib. Three times it has been set up....and now this is it! This crib season is over! Babyboy was not so sure about sleeping in a big boy bed. Thank goodness we had a pack-n-play.

Today Babyboy brought his little potty chair from the bathroom to the family room. We have been talking "potty talk" for weeks and treating him for sitting on the chair. Today he removed his pants, diaper, and leaned over the potty like he has seen his brothers do. The next thing you know, he is screaming, "I peed! Look at my pee pee!" Sure enough. There were a few drops of some sort of liquid on the bottom. Pull out the big guns. MnM's.

This victory was followed by several more. I think it helps that we have a whole crew doing the potty dance, cheering, and clapping. Shortly afternoon I heard, "I pooped. Look at my poop!" Victory #2 for #2! More treats.

Unfortunately, with all this "growing up" today he decided he didn't need a nap. Nap-less, diaper-less, and crabby-full.

So, today was truly a day of treats and more treats! Thanks Babyboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment