Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Oldest is 9. Nine. NINE!!

My Oldest has entered his last year in the single digits. Wow! October 1 marked the occassion, but my October 9 blog is devoted to him.

Every parent talks about how quickly the time flies. It really does! Especially with the first child. I urged him to roll over, sit, and then walk. Cheering and clapping all the way from milestone to milestone. A short time later he was at T-ball practice and learning to ride a bike.

Now he whizzes by on his bike and throws the football like a pro. He teaches me how to use the computer and we discuss things at an adult-like level. He devours books and recites facts constantly. He has become an expert on Bugatti's, hockey, and the life of a spy.

Learning went from ABC's and colors to division and past progressive participles in the blink of an eye.

One thing that hasn't changed is Oldest's smile and love for life. He just lives life to the fullest. He is passionate. He still doesn't like to sleep! Why sleep when you can be awake? Although I didn't appreciate that so much his first year of life!

Oh Oldest. I love you! I am so proud of who you are. I love your passion and compassion. Continue to let Jesus guide you and show you the way.
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment