Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Friday, October 1, 2010

Surprise on the Boys Turf

Today, October 1, is Oldest's 8th Birthday. I could never have imagined that 8 years could fly by so quickly! I am so thankful that God chose to bless me with such a precious gift. In many ways, we are so much alike and yet, we are soooo different.

Oldest NEEDS the Birthday hoopla, the surprises, the streamers....and MORE STREAMERS. He puts on the best celebrations for any reason worth celebrating. To him EVERDAY is reason to put on a party. Just a few months ago, he threw me a surprise Retirement Party so I would never have to work again. Last weekend, after being gone a mere 55 hours, the streamers were hung for my homecoming.

When it comes to MY birthday,I prefer NO surprises and a simple intimate gathering. It probably comes down to my desire to be prepared. How can I be prepared for something I don't know about. I need a heads-up.

Middleson and Oldest have NO idea that tomorrow will be an 8th Birthday Tailgate in honor of Oldest's special birthday and an Ohio Buckeye Football Game. What a great combination! They will both be surprised tomorrow morning. All of my secrets are in place and ready to go! I can hardly wait.

Tonight Oldest has requested that we go out for dinner. He has changed his mind so many times this week that I am uncertain where we will end up. It will be fun nonetheless.

Happy Birthday to my firstborn son who is such an example to me of living life to the fullest!

Time to hang some more streamers....

1 comment:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday! I have to admit, I didn't get a card in the mail, so please know it will be late. BUT, that gives Oldest more time to celebrate!! And oh, how I wish I could just hop on over to your house to be part of the fun tomorrow...I will be sad not to be there!
    Much love from Aunt C!!

    ReplyDelete