Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Monday, May 23, 2011

MGI or FBI

Mom Guilt International
Today was our first day of no-schedule, nothing-to-do Summer Break. Oldest, Middleson, and Babyboy all slept until 8:30. Over the weekend I began filling in the blank page of today with projects I have been wanting to complete.

List:
-Go through my coupons
-Thoroughly clean the boys' rooms
-Swap out outgrown clothes for ones that fit
-Make sure every sock in the house has a mate (I've been hearing a lot of, "I can't find the sock that goes to this one."

The weather was perfectly rainy -- the best kind of day for those types of projects. I also announced loud and strong that we would be spending time on the boys turf today.

As the day projected onward like a rocket launch, I was left feeling unaccomplished. I honestly did not want to lose momentum and do 30minutesontheboysturf. Oldest and Middleson were actually quite content to continue building castle kingdoms in the basement. I also knew I would be disappointed if I didn't follow through. So....I asked (hoping they would delay, "When do you want to do turftime?" "NOW!" they both replied. I took that as a cue that my boys really like spending time with me and like my focused attention on their turf.

Oldest wanted to explore tobymac.com Together, we became a fan on Facebook and posted on his wall -- something I would never do. Middleson wanted to check out fbi.gov. After looking at America's Most Wanted, he was sure he recognized one of the men. I see dollar signs as I type! REWARD!

I, on the other hand, was glad I kept my commitment even though I felt guilty about not looking forward to my 30minutesontheboysturf.

As many have reminded me, the laundry will wait....and who needs matched socks in the summer anyway? That is what Crocs are for!

No comments:

Post a Comment