Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Checka's

Oldest requested a game of Checka's (Checkers) for 30minutesontheboysturf time. In his 8 years he has played more than I have in my lifetime. In fact, I am just learning the game. Today was really my first official game of checkers.

One of my favorite things about Oldest is his sensitive sweet heart. I have story after story that I could share of ants, robin's eggs, and stray kittens. Sometimes I wish I could bottle that sweetness when it would most come in handy -- with his little brothers!

Today, in our Checker's match, we were down to 1 king (me) against 4 kings (oldest). He had tears in his eyes as he jumped my king and won the game. This was after several turns of stalling the finish. He didn't want to see his mommy lose the game.

That makes him a real WINNER in what matters most.

2 comments:

  1. I can't even say how much I love you guys! I know why the boys are so wonderful...they have such great parents who lead them in their love, giving, unselfishness, should I go on?
    Seriously, I am so blessed to have such great nephews. I love his sweet personality and desire to be a giver and bless others. Cherished...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chan, this comment just showed up for some reason. THANK YOU! Love you too....

    ReplyDelete