Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Friday, June 17, 2011

Better than before

So far, we have had a really great Summer with a great balance of fun, play, and a little bit of keepin'-the-cobwebs-out school work.

Today the big boys were finishing up their first week at VBS. Babyboy and I ran some errands (the difference between errands with 1 child and 3 is amazing) and came home. I set the time for 60 minutes and attempted to race the clock and check off some lingering to-dos. I was completely oblivious to Babyboy as he played happily on the floor. Well, he was playing and writing. Writing with a pen. Writing on a chair. Writing on a white chair. Writing on a sacred, hand-me-down vintage white heirloom chair. And, it is not my chair from my side of the family. It is my husband's chair. Oooooops. BIG OOOOPS!

I kicked into high gear googling, "how to remove ink from white upholstered chair". I wanted to dial 911 or at least let google know this was an emergency and I needed to borrow some extra high speed 4G. Time was ticking and I had to pick up the big boys! Can you feel the panic in my writing?

I had zero rubbing alcohol on hand, but I did have Sea Breeze. Sure enough the first ingredient was alcohol. Like a teenager with acne, I overloaded cotton balls with Sea Breeze and went to work. Sigh of relief. It. Was. Coming. Out. Thank. You. Lord. (Serious prayer of thanks I assure you.)

Since the chair has been in our possession it always had a dingy spot. Since the Sea Breeze was working so well on the ink, I expanded its territory and went for the dark spot. Whoooo Hooooo. The chair looks better than before! If only I had known, I would have applied Sea Breeze much before now. Babyboy's adventure served a great purpose in cleaning the chair.

How many tragedies/problems/trials have I found myself in, flailing to get out and pleading with God to remove from my life. Then, as time goes by I can see that I came out of the trial better than before. The sorrow was a gift. The pain was not wasted. It had a purpose.

This is a song I have been listening to that enables me to define "blessing" a little bit different. Listen to Laura Story's song titled, Blessings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOOFAaUGfRE&feature=related

Hubby will be glad to know that the writing on his white-upholstered chair is gone. So is the dingy spot. It looks better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment