Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Friday, September 16, 2011

Mommy and the Victorious, Peaceful, Just Right Day

After reporting yesterday's news about Middleson's no good, very bad,horrible, terrible day, we headed for the library. Shortly after noon, during lunch, I read the book to the boys for the FIRST time. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day. A classic. One of my favorites.

They loved Alexander's adventure through his terrible day. After reading the book we talked about having a positive attitude. Maybe, just maybe, if Alexander told himself over and over that he would have a good day, he would have had a different perspective or found something positive in the midst of an "off" day.

Oldest, Middleson, and I took that as a challend to re-write the story in positive terms.
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day.

Oldest and the Absolutely, Positively Good Day

I woke up and saw a $3 million dollar Bugatti out my window and a big dirt bike. At lunch I ate nachos and cheese. I knew it was going to be an absolutely, positively, good day.
My dad came home early and brought pizza for dinner. I got to stay up late, eat popcorn, and watch a movie.
It was an absolutely, positively good day.
The End

Middleson's Very Good, Out of this World, Crazy Good Day

I woke up to find a new new Lego set!! I went to clean my books and I found a cool new book. For lunch we had macaroni and cheese. I wanted to build my new Lego set which was a new police station with four trucks and a car, but I also wanted to read my book. So then I had a fabulous idea. I would build all four cars and push them and make my new book a jump. Then I read my crazy good book. Daddy came home and brought me a red dirt bike just the way I wanted it. We had chocolate sandwiches for dinner and chocolate ice cream sodas for dessert. I had a very good, out of this world, crazy good day.
The End

Note from Mommy: The above stories are FICTION!

Mommy and the Victorious, Peaceful, Just-Right Day
I woke up fully refreshed and energized before my alarm even rang. My hair stayed in perfect form even after sleeping. No bed-head. Ta Da! The automatic timer on the coffee pot brewed my coffee and poured it for me as I walked into the kitchen. I could tell this was going to be a victorious, peaceful, just right day.

After breakfast I laced my new shoes and they made me run so fast. I even got my laundry washed and hung before the sun came up. Once again, I could tell this was going to be a victorious, peaceful, just right day.

My boys suited up in full protective armor without me asking. Knee pads. Helmets. Socks and shoes. No trips to the emergency room. I knew this was going to be a victorious, peaceful, just-right day.

Imagine my surprise when Babyboy asked for an afternoon nap. "Cwib upstas." The big boys read quietly for hours on end and entertained themselves. I read a magazine, sipped tea, and polished my toe nails.

At dinner everyone cheered when I presented a platter of vegetables -- eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, carrots, and green beans straight from the garden. Even hubby was delighted about the lack of meat on his plate. With smiling faces each person cleared their spot and put their dishes in the dishwasher. There was nothing left for me to do! I knew all along this was going to be a victorious, peaceful, just right day.

Last, but definitely not least, dinner concluded with a full marching band playing a victory march to all the hard work I had done throughout the day.
Chant it with me now --
Thank you for doing the laundry
Thank you for making the meals
Thank you for running errands
and Thank you for teaching school

[Repeat again and again and again]

Success. Sweet Success. From sunrise to sunset. I knew this was going to be a victorious, peaceful, just right day.

Another note from MOMMY: In case you wondered, the above story is also FICTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment