Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sometimes I do cry over spilled milk!

Wow, being a mom is just so intense. It is wonderful. It is more than I dreamed in so many ways. Who could have ever imagined or expressed the magnitude of a mother's love?

But it is constant. For me, as a homeschooling mommy, I am always (always) always (always) with my 3 blessings. Oldest, Middleson, and Babyboy accompany me to the grocery store, bank, dentist (try getting 4 cavities filled with 3 kids running around the dentist's office), gym, library, doctor (no details here), and everywhere. There is no such thing as "time alone" or a quick in-out trip. It is 3 coats on, 6 shoes on, buckled in, unbuckled, in, out, buckle back in, arrive home, shoes off, coats off, hands washed.

I signed up for this. I am not complaining. I am content, thankful, blessed, and everything in between.

But, sometimes I cry over a spilled glass of milk. It is those silly little things that almost put me over the edge. Bread crumbs on the floor. Lots and lots of them -- glued together they just might make another sandwich. How about an "I'm still hungry" when the food has been put away and the last dish is cleaned and put away. Last but not least, in a house full of boys I can normally expect a few dribbles on the toilet EVERY single time I enter the bathroom.

I am finding it helps to include Oldest and Middleson in the cleaning and chores routine. I light a scented candle and turn on some worship music. I take a deep breath. I stand back and ask myself what a proper response would be -- in other words, should I REACT or gracefully RESPOND? I tell myself that my children are a blessing from the Lord and I have been chosen by HIM to be their mommy.

I wipe up the milk and and dry proverbial tears....and life goes ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment