Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Thursday, January 20, 2011

WIPE OUT!

Have you seen the show WIPE OUT? The contestants are thrown into a larger-than-life obstacle course. More often than not they end up wiping out, landing flat on their back-side!

Our entire family, with the exception of daddy, could be contestants on that show. The flu came suddenly and intensely, and wiped us out one by one. Right now, Oldest and Babyboy are still down for the count while Middleson is in the best shape and almost back to normal. I am somewhere in the middle taking one step forward and two steps back.

It has been at least 5 years since we have faced this kind of sickness. I prayed over and over each day for the strength to take care of my kids and nurture them while they were ill. The Lord enabled me to do it! I am even more grateful for the good health we normally have. Some people live with chronic illness and pain.

We didn't have any official 30minutesontheboysturf under the circumstances. But, there was something to be said for the sickturf. Since my agenda was completely discarded, my only goals were to get my kids better and get better myself. We read stacks of storybooks and just packed into one cozy chair and snuggled. Babyboy, who does not stop these days, is only content if he is laying on me or being held close. After Middleson recovered he made mention that he thought sitting togther and reading books was really fun!

Now, I am not advocating more sick days! I cannot wait until we can all leave the house again. But, the time we have spent wiped-out was put to good use snuggling, loving, praying, and persevering.

1 comment:

  1. Sunshine Coast Turf Farm is a variety of seashore paspalum which exhibits significant salt tolerance and grows in a wide variety of soil types and PH levels.

    ReplyDelete