Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back in the Saddle again.....

Oh my.  Since I posted a week ago, I have been much less diligent about spending 30minutesontheboysturf.

We have made some good memories and enjoyed our days together. But, for some reason, I went on vacation from the BOYS turf and had them come to my MOMMY turf.  Now I really don't think there is anything wrong with that. But, I clearly saw the benefit in heading to their side and doing what they wanted.
They have missed it too and even mentioned it. I made excuses like, "Oh, remember I took you to the park?"  "We rode bikes this morning!"  Yet, I knew what they were really wanting.  Me.  Just me without my constant distractions.

This afternoon we all headed to the basement.  Middleson got that spark in his eye and asked, "Mommy, what do you want to do together?"  My idea was to do some cleaning and sorting while they played.  His idea was better and much more important. 

So, I am back in the saddle again.  That's a song isn't it?  I am singing it now with a renewed sense of energy.  A "new" convert to this experiment e-mailed me today.  Her excitement to join her kids in play prompted me to "practice what I preach" and keep going. 

Please don't let me go another week without blogging.  Unfortunately, no blog = nothing to blog about = no 30minutesontheboysturf and way to much time on my turf!

No comments:

Post a Comment