Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cinderella

It might seem odd that I titled todays post "Cinderella", yet my entire blog is geared around 3 anti-princess  boys.  My very first post and my inspiration for this blog came from a radio talk show.  Ironically, today marks day 30, the end of my committment, and a radio talk show prompted this post as well!    This blog came full circle! 

A 2-day interview with Steven Curtis Chapman has aired on the radio the last couple of days.  Steven and his wife talk about the tragic death of their daugther, Maria, and how they have grieved since it happened.  He also reiterated his purpose in writing the song, "Cinderella". The synopsis being that he realized the time with his little girls was short and he wanted to cherish the time he had.  He had no idea when he wrote the song, that his little girl would die just a few months later.   The song is sweet and touching no matter what. But, when I listened to it with "new ears" with the perspective that his little girl is in Heaven.....oh my goodness! I cried and cried. 

The following link is to the song I am referring to as well as an interview on the meaning behind it. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLYxtuC0oRk&ob=av2n  NOTE:  There may be a 10 second "commercial" before the video begins.  I am not endorsing anything that may be advertised. 
I started this blog with the same realization.  Time flies. Oldest, Middleson, and Babyboy will be full grown and ready to move out in just a blink of an eye!  Distractions are all around me. There are many things for me to do each day.  Yet, I wanted to have a tool to get to know them, invest in them, and let them know they are a top priority for me.  30minutesontheboysturf has been that tool.

Greater than spending time with my children now, is the investment I am making for eternity.  I am teaching my children about a greater place, their eternal home in Heaven when they accept Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.  More than not spending "fun" time with them, I don't want to miss out on the opportunities that I have to instill the importance of a real relationship with Jesus.  My desire is to model forgiveness, grace, and love by the way I live my life. 

Today we spent our 30minutesontheboysturf loving on eachother. I let "Cinderella" blare through the house while I slow-danced with Babyboy. Oldest and Middleson were the wallflowers that wondered what happened to their mommy!  They rolled their eyes at the "Cinderella" lyrics....and I danced anyway.

Although today marks the END of this successful experiment, I can't help but keep blogging.  No way will it be everyday, but each time I do, it will reinforce the amazing and no-longer-foreign 30minutesontheboysturf. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written and such a joy to read. It makes me miss you all the more, but you are such an inspiration. Even with little Miss being little still, I don't ever want the laundry or dishes to be more important. Thank you for giving me the advice now! I love you more than you know!

    ReplyDelete