Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cars, Cars, Cars.....

Middleson's standby 30minutesontheboysturf activity is playing with cars. Oldest complies if he can acquire all of the sports cars.  Middleson gets the trucks/hummers/Jeeps.  I was assigned to/got stuck with the garbage truck.  Oh well.    I had to keep my mind from wandering ...imagining all the things I would put in the garbage truck if I could drive it through the house, collecting things I would love to get rid of.  

Our car play quickly led to racing cars around a rug. That led to stop-watch laps. That led to seeing who could hold their breath the longest. That, of course, led to laughing and making lots of funny faces. 

Laughter is good for the soul and it felt good to act silly and laugh at something so child-like!  It has been decades since I have had a breath-holding contest, but next time I need a good laugh, I might just call for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment