Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Courtesy of Macy's Department Store

Today was an errand-running morning with the hopes of visiting a spray park at the end.  We postponed that part of the trip so we can go with daddy.  Since we were near the mall, I asked the boys if they would be interested in that for 30minutesontheboysturf time.  The squealed in delight since they love to frequent the hockey store, Build a Bear, and Finish Line and we do so very INfrequently these days. 

An urgently needed "I need to go potty" detour led us to Macy's and a bright idea to ride the elevator and escalator.  Oh my goodness! Why pay admission to a theme park when the mall is closer and free?  Without my usual "Come on boys, it is time to go!" they went up and down, up and down, down and up.  It was fabulous. Even Babyboy laughed in delight as his favorite big brothers appeared and re-appeared! 

If I have counted correctly, today is day 15 of this 30minutesontheboysturf experiment.  I have been so encouraged by the e-mails and reports of mom's and dad's joining in and experiencing success.  I have observed that Oldest and Middleson are being disciplined less. Is there a correlation?  Time will tell.

I am also on day 2 of Middleson pretending he is the famous skateboarder, Tony Hawk's, son.  I have been instructed to call him Anden even though in real life, Tony's sons are Spencer and Keegan.  In Anden's imaginary life, my hubby is Tony Hawk.  I called him Tony several times last night without a response.  I even tried "Mr. Hawk" without success.  I'll try again tonight.  Our day has been filled with skateboard talk and Middleson/Anden pretending he doesn't know his way around our house. He is making life interesting and enjoyable.

I better be on my best behavior since Tony and son are on the turf and I am not sure how long they'll stay. 

Well friends, we are half done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment