Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Friday, August 13, 2010

Color-EN on Day TEN!

It was a peaceful 30minutesontheboysturf today. Oldest suggested coloring. Coloring?  I never would have guessed my always-moving, ever-inventing, never-retirin' son would want to sit down and color with his mommy. He is also very sweet and I have a feeling he overheard me saying that I loved to color when I was a little girl. So, color we did!  We spent the last minute of our time snuggling and previewing a Lego catalog...which led to the start of a Christmas List.

It was a serene and still 30 minutes.  Just moments before our time together, I was showering and heard a knock on the bathroom door.  "Mommy, I am going to stick these wires into the outlet so my invention will work okay?"  Oldest asked nonchalantly. For the hundreds of times he has created inventions & contraptions without permission, I said a prayer of thanksgiving that he took a minute to ask me today.  Can you imagine?   

I'm guessing our 30minutesontheboysturf time wouldn't have been quite as peaceful IF it occurred at all!  (And, Lord, please continue to protect my boys. Amen)   

No comments:

Post a Comment