Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cops and Robbers

Someone stole my afternoon from me and I'm left with 30secondsonmyblogturf. 

We spent a wonderful morning with a friend, her boys, and new baby girl. An early afternoon thunderstorm, which completely entertained (and energized) all four boys, caused us to leave a bit later than anticipated.

Just after arriving home, another friend popped over with surprise hand-me-downs for Babyboy! And, while we were in the driveway talking, a UPS truck dropped off a box....AND my dryer buzzed to let me know the laundry needed folding. 

What to do next?  Peek through the hand-me-downs? Fold laundry? Go through the box from UPS?  OR spend 30minutesontheboysturf? 

It is now 4:15 and all of the above mentioned are done.  The distractions & delays were a blessing!  The 30minutesontheboysturf was the most exhilarating time yet -- cops and robbers in full gear -- only a horse could have made it more "real".  I'm still rounding every corner carefully lest I get caught by Oldest Cop and Middleson Cop. 

If you would like to join in, please be a ROBBER and steal my folded laundry so I don't have to put it away!

2 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome idea! :) Too bad school starts for us in 3 days. I'll have to try my 30 days next summer...

    BTW, what is the plan once the 30 days are up??

    http://worshipwhileiwait.blogspot.com
    http://gracefull-living.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    Hmmm...one day at a time! I would like to incorporate this into my mothering beyond the 30 days. I don't know that I can always truly commit to 30 minutes, but this is helping to form a good habit. I think the rewards will be plentiful. No matter what, I think I will be more conscious of truly being "present" when we are together. Single-tasking vs. multi-tasking.

    ReplyDelete