Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Babyboy and Gander Mountain

Babyboy is clearly feeling neglected in this whole 30minutesontheboysturf stuff.  Last night about an hour after tucking him into bed, he began to cry a "come-and-pick-me-up-I-can't-live-without-you" kind of cry.  Since this is rare, I picked him up and rocked him. He immediately snuggled into my chest and settled down.  I liked it.  He liked it.  I pondered about what it will be like in 18 years when he is ready to leave the house. I know I will want one more opportunity to hold him, rock him, and love him.

My "like" feelings faded a few hours later when I was still awake and he was still awake.  Daddy was still awake. This morning I groggily drank my coffee and figured I banked about 4 hours worth of 30minutesontheboysturf time with Babyboy. 

Oldest and Middleson were low-maintenance with their request today. (Thank you Lord.)  Since we were running errands anyway, they wanted to hang out at Gander Mountain.  I am certainly thankful I didn't dress them in camoflauge today or I may have lost them.  Guns, fishing poles, bows and arrows, tents, and hunting gear quickly filled our quota and their Wish Lists.
The big boys told me yesterday how much they like this special time with me.  I like it too....sleep or no sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment