Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Friday, August 20, 2010

Code Yellow

I see a "tradition" being formed with our 30minutesontheboysturf time.  Running errands seems to trigger a toy store desire in the boys' minds. (Next week we will be homeschooling and not running errands. This tradition is coming to an end.)  Once again, we found ourselves strolling the isles of toy sections at numerous stores as if going down to our basement isn't the movie set for Toy Story IV.  Oldest and Middleson DO love my undivided attention as they show me each and every feature of the toys they are mentally adding to the basement of every boy's dreams.

Mommy's errands included a quick return at Kohls. Thankfully the Customer Service Counter and Toy Section are visible from one another. I am sure this was not an accident.  My quick return also led to a much-too-quick exit from the toy section.  OLDEST had completely disappeared!  I said his name over and over, louder and louder each time.  Middleson chanted with me.  He was GONE!  I turned to customer service and said a little frantically, "I can't find my son." She smiled and calmly stated over the intercom, "Code yellow." I was thinking more like, "CODE YELLLLOOWWWWW!!"  I have since wondered what code yellow means. "Frantic mom thinks she lost her son, but I am sure he is nearby.  No worries."  I sent Middleson into the Men's restroom and both Oldest and Middleson re-appeared. We always use the Family Restroom. Always...unless daddy is with us.  Well, I am so very thankful Oldest is found and for the  teachable moment in the midst of our morning. 

"Code Yellow Cancelled." was spoken throughout the store.  Translation:  "Son found.  Frantic mom had nothing to worry about. Told ya."  

No comments:

Post a Comment