Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Mommyontheboysturf with her three sons

Friday, August 27, 2010

Scratch That

Yesterday's post Scratch it. Un-publish. Reverse.  Ughgh.  I must admit we never made it to the park.  My intentions were good.  Just after I published my post, Middleson said, "Come on mom! I want to read my Bible to you for my 30minuteswithmom time."  (What I refer to as 30minutesontheboysturf.)  How could I resist such a request?  A spiritual/educational/snuggable activity trumped a trip to the park.

Three of my boys -- Daddy, Oldest, and Middleson -- are going camping this weekend.  It is Middleson's first camping trip and he is elated!  Oldest will show him the ropes.  Babyboy and I will stay behind creating our own adventures -- staying up until 9:01, eating Graham Cracker Goldfish in place of smores, staying in our PJ's until noon on Saturday; etc. 

Today marks the successful end of our first week of school. A shortened class day allowed time for dreaming and packing for THE camping trip.  Instead of listing what we DID pack, I will list what I was NOT allowed to pack, but wanted to.  I'm realizing that my boys are growing up and camping gives them the opportunity to bring out their macho-ness. 

What Oldest and Middleson are NOT bringing:
  • chewable vitamin
  • healthy snacks 
  • special blankie
  • teddy bear
  • toothbrush (yep, I guess there is no brushing of the teeth in the wildnerness)
  • books for bedtime
  • layers and layers of clothes for bedtime including a hat, gloves, and scarf in case the temperature dips
  • mommy's hand (for holding)
  • mommy's voice (for saying "Be careful when you shoot the bb gun....fish.....ride the 4 wheeler...get near the fire"
  • wipies for sticky marshmallow fingers (the grass will do just fine)
I can't wait for their return -- grimy, stinky, story-tellin', happy, tired -- to the home turf after a much-too-long stay on the all-boy turf. No Girls or Babies Allowed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh fun!! Sounds like a blast! I bet the boys (all 3 of them) will enjoy the camping trip. Love you!

    ReplyDelete